Personal License (Free)
Click Here to download the Photoshop Passport Template v1.1
The purpose of this template is to simplify the creation of two 2×2 inch photos required for the U.S. passport application. When used correctly, photos processed with the template meet sizing requirements as denoted by the U.S Department of State. This template was designed to speed up the sizing process, and produces a document that can be printed on your home computer or at a local photo lab. Photos processed with this template have been accepted for use in U.S. passport applications.
How to Use
(Click on screenshots for larger versions)
Tutorial Version 1.1
2. Open photo to be used as passport photo in Photoshop. To take a photo that meets background and composition requirements read over the U.S Department of State guide located at http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html.
4. The first step is to size the head in the photo using the â€œHead Size Ruler.â€ Using Free Transform (CTRL-T), resize the photo so that the head falls within the confines of the ruler. The ruler is dragable using Photoshop’s move tool, so if its not positioned in a useful place move it to an area that helps you. When you’re done with the tool, feel free to move it off the image.
5. Horizontally center the photo using the vertical â€œFace Center Lineâ€ as a guide. If necessary, rotate your image. The â€œFace Center Lineâ€ guide should be equally dividing your face.
9. Save the resulting document. The options are up to you, but .JPG with a compression of 10 will work fine for most purposes. If you wish, you could also save the .PSD so you can make corrections at a later date if required.
10. Print the photo on 4×6 paper via your inkjet with photo paper (if your printer produces good quality photos), or print it using a photo lab. Any lab that prints 4×6â€™s will work, which is pretty much all of them. These photos are incredibly useful when traveling, you will use them on every thing from visa applications to identification cards. I highly recommend bringing at least 10 extra photos with you for any overseas trip.
11. Cut the photos out.
I hope you find this template and tutorial useful. The template has been downloaded and used by thousands of people. If you compare the amount charged by a typical location such as Kinko’s or USPS, I estimate that the collective savings from everyone using this template is well over $20,000. If you found this template useful, please tell your friends about it. If anyone has questions about how to use the template, please use the comment system below. As I don’t have a lot of time to offer personal support for the non-commercial license, I hope the community of people using this can help each other out. I thank everyone for making this template a success.
If you are a professional photographer and wish to use this template for commercial uses, please purchase a license for only $20.
This secure transaction is protected via Paypal. Click here to learn more about how Paypal protects you.