I highly recommend playing with Google Trends, one of Google Labs latest projects. Simply type in a word and it will show you a graph of that particular search term over time. You can even do comparisons between subjects to compare search traffic; this is where the fun begins. Here are some that I checked out.
- War vs. Peace vs. War and Peace – Take a guess at this result.
- RIAA vs. Grandmas – No one is safe, not even those that don’t own computers .
- South Dakota vs. North Dakota – or maybe it should read “South Dakota vs. Dakota“…
- Katrina vs. Tsunami – I actually expected the opposite from this one.
- Apples vs. Oranges – I guess you really can’t compare..
- George Bush vs Iraq – No comment.
- Intelligent Design vs. Flying Spaghetti Monster – Watch out for the noodly appendage.
- Emo vs. Emu – It’s good to see that the emu’s are still standing strong.